This building is the memorial hall where the first ceremony had been held after Sojiji was relocated from Noto to Tsurumi on November 5th, 1911.
This building was built in Ansei Era (1854-1860) as a ceremony hall of So-onji in Tsuruoka-city, Yamagata prefecture. On the occasion of Sojiji relocation, So-on ji donated this hall to us.
At that time, this hall had been used as the main hall for ceremonies. Now it is dedicated to the ancestors and used for our members daily memorial services.