Shiitake mushrooms, yam, yukari, oil, apples, sugar, sake, salt
Modoki Shiitake mushrooms
- Cut shiitake mushrooms in decorative shapes.
- Grate the yam.
- Add Yukari (dried Japanese basil) to 2. and mix well.
- Spread 3. on the bottom side of Shiitake mushrooms (1 – 2 cm thickness)
- Deep fry 4. at about 170℃ in oil.
- Cut apple into 12 pieces.
- Soak apple pieces in salt water.
- Put the apple pieces into the pot so that they do not overlap.
- Add 45 g of sugar per 1 apple.
- Add 100 ml of sake and a little bit of salt. Cook a medium flame until the liquid disappears.