100g black sesame, 50g parched white sesame, 100g kuzu starch, 6 cups of water, 100g haccho miso, 90g sugar, sake, salt.
- Grind sesame in a blender.
- Put 3 or 4 cups of water into the blender and blend.
- Press 2. through a sieve or cloth.
- Add 2 cups of water and knead.
- Add Kuzu starch to 4. and mix.
- Put 5. on fire and mix continuously with a wooden spatula. Start with high heat, then, when it is hot, lower to medium heat and mix for 40 min until it gets sticky. Pour it into a mould and let it cool. (if you add some salt, you get more taste)
- Make miso sauce in another pot. Heat miso and sugar in the pot. Add dashi stock to thicken the sauce.
- Serve tofu and miso, put wasabi (horse radish) on the tofu.