Yokan (Soy beans jelly), kuromame kanten (black soybeans agar) Kurikinton (mashed sweet potatoes with sweetened chestnuts)
Yokan: 500g soybeans, 500g sugar, agar, salt
Kuromame kanten: black soybeans, sugar, agar, salt
Kurikinton: sweet potato, bottled chestnuts, salt
- Heat rinsed soybeans, when the color of the hot water changes, discard it.
- Put 1. into water and boil again.
- When soybeans become soft and split, add agar.
- When agar melts, add sugar.
- Stir 4. continuously with a scoop at low heat to avoid scorching.
- Add a bit of salt, when it becomes sticky, pour it into a mould
- Put proper quantity of agar into water and boil.
- When agar melts, add sugar and salt
- Put cooked black soybeans into a mould and pour agar.
- Cut peeled sweet potatoes in pieces of 3 cm.
- Put alum into water and soak sweet potatoes for about 1 – 2 hours.
- Rinse sweet potatoes, and steam for 20 min.
- Strain hot potatoes.
- Put 4. into a pot with sugar and water, and knead 20 min. at low heat.
- Add a little of salt and mix with chestnuts.