Burdock, Arrowhead, potato starch, sugar, soy sauce, sake, dashi stock, oil
- Cut burdock in 5 cm length, and divide in 4 parts vertically. Soak in water with (rice) vinegar.
- Mix dashi stock, sugar, soy sauce and sake, add burdock, and boil lightly.
- Drain burdock and turn it in potato starch.
- Peel the skin of arrowhead, slice to 2 – 3 mm, and soak in water.
- Fry 4. in oil at 170℃.
- Fry until burdock turns brown, and the arrowhead until bubbles vanish.
- Point: Put arrowhead into the oil one by one, avoid overlapping.