(Vegetarian Buddhist cuisine Dumpling)
Soft wheat flour, baking powder, sugar, azuki-beans, dried strips of daikon (Kiriboshi daikon)
- Make the wrapper of dumpling by sieving flour and baking powder.
- Pour water on 1, and mix until it becomes soft (as an earlobe), it’s better to add some sugar
- Soak dried strips of daikon in water (10-20 min), fry in sesame oil.
- Season 3, by adding sugar, some salt, soy sauce and sake to give it a strong, slightly sweet flavor. Use water of 3. (it is OK to add deep fried tofu)
- Round 4 into small balls.
- Wrap 4 in wrappers of 2. Steam about 15 min.
- Serve on a plate.